- Do you have written goals you want to accomplish and if so, tell me about them? You are looking for indications of maturity, focus, planning ability and desire for achievement.
- Where would you like to see yourself in five years?
- What is one trait you look for in a manager? With this question you are attempting to gauge their expectation and ascertain their preferred management style.
- Have you ever failed at something and if so, why did you fail and what did you learn from the experience? This question lends itself to a discussion on resiliency, personal responsibility and tendencies under pressure.
- Everyone has strengths and weaknesses as employees. What are your strong points for this position? This question gives them the opportunity to tell you what assets they bring to the table and how they see themselves fitting into your organisation.
- What is the one thing you would improve about yourself? This question gives you an indication of his or her self- assessment capability.
- Who has been the greatest influence in your life and why?
- If you were to fail in this business, what do you think the reason would be?
Leave a comment